Saturday, April 08, 2006

We got a PUPPY!

Hi my name is Star! Meet my husband Steve. We've been married for 2 years.
Today we got a puppy!
This is a BRAND NEW addition to our family!
I've never had an animal and Steve has only had big dogs growing up. We got a shih tzu mix with something. She's so darling! She looks like a little black lab. She's got white spots on her chest.
When we woke up we were very excited commenting on "we're going to be parents soon". In the car on our way to meet our friend, I thought, this is what people adopting children may feel like. It's a nervous fun type excitement.
I held her in the backseat and she was quite calm. She yawned a couple times. I got excited when she licked my hand! I never had that before! AMAZING! I was kinda scared of her nails/paws but they're okay;
We stopped at Petco to get some food for her and then we let her roam around the living room and kitchen. She peed twice on the rug and we laughed. Then Kristen came over to see her and was like, "Where's she gonna sleep. She needs a doggie bed not just this comforter" So I went off to Walmart and they had pet beds for 9.98! Woohoo! We had an early morning of errands, of running around and stuff and I hadn't showered yet and walking around Walmart made me feel like those frazzled crazy looney moms who can't tell left from right. So many things to think about so many things to do so damn little time!
I came back and the puppy, Sahsha was on the couch and just playing around. Great! she's not sleeping we can play with her.. but then she got tired again and went to sleep. Always sleeping. Do they do anything else!?
Steve wants me to go grocery shopping and I'm like, "Do you know how much I've done TODAY?! How much running around I've done! Goodness! I said why doesn't he go and he looked at me and smiled and said, "I never want to leave the house again." He's such a riot! Already in love with the thing and all it does is sleep! He said he doesn't want to go to work or anything.. LOL! Cracks me up.
Maybe if I shower and rest a bit I'll feel like doing groceries.
Can you believe "I" of all people have a puppy?

No comments: