Sahsha got her 2nd round of shots yesterday.
I think she remembered what was coming so she growled at the vet and she tried to bite the technician! I haven't seen that aggressive behavior in her in a LONG time! The vet told us we really need to be more in control of her and some training methods we need to do with her for a little while. And.. since she has SO many toys, she thinks everything on the floor is a plaything... hence why she eats shoes, paper, anything laying on the floor.
So we have to work on that.
Phew! I'm glad we get to start working on her behavior and discipline her a lot more! Steve is always on my butt about "letting her be a puppy". Now he sees why I was so hard on her in the beginning and why I didn't like her playing, growling aggressively at the toys. Maybe now he'll support me when I discipline her; It'll be a little bit harder now since she's so used to having her own way and doing her own thing;
She came home from the vet and she seemed fine and then Steve took her out for a walk and she came home crying in pain! It's the most horrible sound EVER! She didn't want to be picked up... her hind legs must be very tender. I knew she was tired and needed sleep; I wanted to put her in the bathroom and shut the lights and the door to leave her in peace but Steve wanted her with us so after a about 15 minutes Steve realized how badly she needed rest so we put her in the bathroom.
Then I had separation anxiety and couldn't stand not being able to see her so I went in to check on her;
We moved her to the kitchen were she could eat if she wanted and had a place to relieve herself; I stayed with her for awhile until she fell asleep.
Poor little baby.
She woke up this morning ready to go out and tee-tee and poopies. She did fine... I was stern and had to tell her a couple times not to jump or run. I knew that would aggravate her the areas she got shot in.
Steve said she was doing fine this morning when he put her up.
She is now 8.2 lbs!
WOW!
Heartbeat is 150 bpms
Just an overall healthy girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment